What is Shot Blasting?
Shot blasting is the process of blasting a concrete surface with steel shot (small steel balls) at a high velocity. This removes contamination and laitance (soft concrete) to reveal a mechanical profile for improved bonding. The concrete dust is recovered by a powerful dust collection system.
Advantages of Shot Blasting
As the method of surface preparation recommended by most coating manufacturers, steel shot blasting…
- Eliminates the use of harsh, non-eco friendly chemicals and leaves the concrete floor with the desired profile.
- Is known for high production rates, blast pattern accuracy, and wide abrasive selection.
- Lends itself to efficient disposal of dust and other contaminants.
- Can be performed indoors or outdoors.
- Can be accomplished with our ride-on, diesel-powered machines or our walk-behind, electric powered machines.
Shot Blasting Jobs
Take a look at some of our previous shot blasting jobs. Many of our concrete floor repair jobs require several steps to give the desired finish.
Interested in getting a quote for your shot blasting job? Call us at 610.494.1330 or request a quote.