We often receive questions about polished concrete floors and how to maintain them so they will stay fresh for years to come.
Let’s take a look at some common polished concrete questions!
1. Does polished concrete crack?
Yes, all polished concrete will crack at a certain point; but stains can help disguise their appearance. Usually if your concrete cracks, it has been installed improperly or needs touch up maintenance. Concrete contractors are able to easily conceal cracks by filling them with additional concrete and resealing them.
2. Do polished concrete stains wear off?
Unlike a paint that is applied to the top of a surface, a concrete stain seeps deep into the surface of the concrete. Stained concrete will not rub away easily, which is one of the main reasons why a staining treatment can be an appealing flooring solution for many industries.
3. Are polished concrete floors a safety hazard?
Although polished concrete gives off a clean, slick appearance, concrete flooring is not slippery. In fact, unfinished concrete and polished concrete offer the same level of grip and can be less slippery than tile and marble in wet conditions. Several industries use polished concrete floors because they are durable, environmentally sustainable and cost effective.
Polished Concrete Maintenance
One of the many benefits of polished concrete is the little maintenance that is required to keep your flooring system in place. If you follow our list of suggestions, your floor will be in great shape for years.
- On a daily basis, dust mop the floor with a microfiber pad.
- If you are wet mopping, use clean water and mops. If you are covering a bigger area, use an automatic floor scrubber with a nonabrasive pad. You should also use a neutral PH floor cleaner.
- If a spill happens, clean the floor as quickly as possible.
- Make sure the cleaning solution does not dry on the surface. It can help to clean small areas at a time.
For our full list of tips and a downloadable checklist, visit the polished concrete maintenance page.
Hire a Reliable Polished Concrete Company
Shot Blast Inc has over 40 years of experience in the floor preparation industry. Our professional concrete specialists understand how to meet your needs so your flooring system remains in exceptional condition.
If you’re interested in concrete polishing services, request a quote today.