How do we polish concrete floors?
- We grind the surface of the concrete floor with industrial diamonds, using 40-grit metal bond diamonds, followed by 80 grit, then 120 grit, to reveal a pristine, stain-free surface.
- We densify and harden the concrete surface by using a penetrating liquid Lithium Silicate hardener which reacts with the concrete to produce insoluble calcium silicate hydrate within the concrete pores.
- We grind the surface with resin-bond diamonds, then grind again with up to 400 grit. If the client has requested a color finish, at this point we dye or stain the surface.
- After the stain or dye is applied, we continue to grind the surface using 400, 800 and 1600 grit, subsequently applying a sealer.
- At this point we apply a patented copolymer formulation, which includes high performing lithium silicate hardener to improve surface sheen, surface hardness and stain resistance. Then the floor is polished with a high speed burnisher.